Every step you take is in the direction of a healthier lifestyle, so why not find out how many steps you’re taking each day with the Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer (HJ-329). Inside is Omron’s validated Tri-Axis technology making this pedometer accurate no matter what position it’s in. Keep it in your pocket, wrap the attachable strap around your wrist, or choose the traditional option of wearing it on your hip with the enclosed holder.
It is well known these days that sitting too much is bad for health. It is recommended to walk 30 minutes a day.
Another recommendation is to walk 10,000 steps a day. 3,000 steps is considered the minimum to maintain average health.
I’ve talked to some office workers and asked them how they cope. Depending on what’s allowed at work here are some of the ways they cope:
- Stand up every 55 minutes and walk on the spot for five minutes
- Walk for every 15 minute break they’re allowed
- Do more around the office that requires moving and delivering items in the building
Those are all healthy tactics if you have a sedentary job.
Two more extreme ideas are:
- Get a sit down/stand up work station
- Sit on a physio ball and bounce whenever you can, using your leg muscles
The pedometer will record each bounce as a step. It’s not cheating! Do that for half an hour and you’ll work up a sweat!
You can look at work stations CLICK HERE.
You can CHOOSE physio balls here.
For a physio ball chair, CLICK to see it here.
I hope you find what you need to stay healthy!